© WestWind Church 2011
We are located at 1300 Sarah Brooks Dr. in Keller, TX, adjacent to Shady Grove Elementary School.
Click the link for a map:
Who We Are
WestWind Church is a community of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), whose major presence in the DFW Metroplex is Texas Christian Univeristy. WestWind Church was formed in the fall of 1994 to give people an opportunity to explore the Christian faith in a non-threatening place. We are here to help those who are on a spiritual journey discover a deeper relationship with God through Jesus Christ in worship, in open and honest Sunday School discussions, in small Bible study groups, and through service to the community and to the various ministries of the church.
While our mission is to reach the unchurched for Christ, we are dedicated to meeting the important needs of people who regularly attend church as well. Our church is open to everyone. We allow people the freedom and responsibility to form their own faith.
In April, 2001 we completed the first phase of our permanent church home on Keller-Smithfield Road in Keller, Texas.
This property is next door to Shady Grove Elementary School, which was WestWind's worship site from our September 1994 inaugural service until Easter Sunday of 2001 when the first services were held in our new building.
WestWind Church is affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Disciples congregations are independant
and self-governing, but cooperate to support the work of the area, region, and international church organizations. For more information, go to the Christian Church, Disciples of Christ web page.
What We Believe
• We are a part of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
• We believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that God brings salvation
to those who believe in Him.
• We believe in the Holy Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit.
• We believe the Bible is the Word of God, and that each person has the
responsibility to study the Bible and come to his or her own faith.
• We are open to differences of opinion and accept and respect people who have
doubts and questions.
• We believe in the ministry of all believers. Women, men and children are
involved in all areas of the church's life and work.
• Communion is central to our worship.
• We practice baptism by immersion at an age of understanding but respect and accept Christians who believe differently.